You will need:
106 - 1" squares in low volume prints
74 - 1" squares in various pink/red prints
12" x 8" piece of batting
12" x 8" piece of backing
Minimum of 50" of binding
1. I starched all fabrics before I started cutting.
2. Make your 1/4" seam as consistent as possible! There's not extra wiggle room in this project.
3. I sewed mine together in four different quadrants before I pieced the whole top together.
4. Press seams open!!!
Project will yield: 9" x 6" mug rug
1. Arrange all of your 1" squares like the diagram below.
4. Baste and quilt as desired.
5. Bind! And you have one impressively tiny pieced mug rug.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will help as best as I can! Enjoy the tutorial and if you end up making something I would love to see pics.